- Linking of strategies to NCSS standardsâ€”Including an explanation of the standards at the front of the book.
Prepares students to work in an increasingly standards-based, test-based educational environment.
- Thorough description of each strategyâ€”Including rationale for its appropriateness and references to respected research.
Ensures students the benefits of current scholarship in the field.
- Applications and Ideas section with each strategyâ€”Provide either a classroom application or an assessment tool.
Teaches students to recognize the difference between what a teacher taught and what his/her students learned. Illustrates strategies â€œin actionâ€ in real classrooms with real learners.
- Procedural Recommendations section with each strategyâ€”Outlines how to prepare for, facilitate, and direct the strategy.
Gives students a guide for using the strategy in their own first classroom.
- References and Resources section with each strategyâ€”Lists scholarly support, additional readings, websites, and/or helpful organizations.
Provides reliable information for further study and research.
- Technology icons throughout the textâ€”Tag strategies that call for the use of classroom technology.
Illustrates ways to take advantage of the Internet, digital photography, software, and the like in real classrooms with real learners.
Author : Kathryn M. Obenchain
ISBN : 0131742493
Language : English
No of Pages : 216
Edition : 2
Publication Date : 8/25/2006
Format/Binding : Spiral-bound
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.2x0.5
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: