50 Early Childhood Strategies for Working and Communicating with Diverse Families is a practical and easy to use book.Â Â It presents key concepts, discusses them in research-based, accessible prose, and provides useful strategies to facilitate communication and collaboration.Â The book focuses on family-centered care and education for young children and emphasizes partnering with families.Â Many of the strategies in this book address ideas about how to create a climate of trust by communicating in a collaborative way.Â The goal is to create inclusive programs that respect and honor differences in families and individuals.Â Teachers will love the fifty short chapters with information they can apply immediately.Â At the heart of all these strategies lies the welfare of the child.
- Emphasizes the importance of partnerships between teachers and family members. Stresses the integral components of communication between diverse families and teachers or administrators.
- Raises the important issue of respecting the various diversities and cultures that exist in today's classrooms.
- Reader-friendly writing style and the alphabetic arrangement of the strategies-interesting, understandable, and easy to find what the student or teacher is looking for.
- Interwoven, cross-referenced strategies-integrity throughout the book as the relationships between the strategies are highlighted; one strategy often mentions several other strategies that pertain to the same subject.
- Broad coverage: spans ages 0-8 in a variety of different care and education settings-applies to early childhood educators at all levels-not exclusive to Pre-K; also includes child care, but not exclusively.
- Goes beyond mere parent involvement and education-closely examines how a partnership may include both, but is different from the more common approaches early childhood educators often take to working with parents; promotes a family-centered approach instead of a child-centered one that is common practice.
- Photos and artifacts illustrate the messages-these visual images are designed to help readers grasp information and enliven the book.
New to this Edition!
Author : Janet Gonzalez-Mena
ISBN : 0137002319
Language : English
No of Pages : 144
Edition : 2
Publication Date : 8/19/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.6x8.4x0.4
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: