The rules and practices for Scrumâ€”a simple process for managing complex projectsâ€”are few, straightforward, and easy to learn. But Scrumâ€™s simplicity itselfâ€”its lack of prescriptionâ€”can be disarming, and new practitioners often find themselves reverting to old project management habits and tools and yielding lesser results. In this illuminating series of case studies, Scrum co-creator and evangelist Ken Schwaber identifies the real-world lessonsâ€”the successes and failuresâ€”culled from his years of experience coaching companies in agile project management. Through them, youâ€™ll understand how to use Scrum to solve complex problems and drive better resultsâ€”delivering more valuable software faster.
Gain the foundation in Scrum theoryâ€”and practiceâ€”you need to:
- Rein in even the most complex, unwieldy projects
- Effectively manage unknown or changing product requirements
- Simplify the chain of command with self-managing development teams
- Receive clearer specificationsâ€”and feedbackâ€”from customers
- Greatly reduce project planning time and required tools
- Buildâ€”and releaseâ€”products in 30-day cycles so clients get deliverables earlier
- Avoid missteps by regularly inspecting, reporting on, and fine-tuning projects
- Support multiple teams working on a large-scale project from many geographic locations
- Maximize return on investment!
Author : Ken Schwaber
ISBN : 073561993X
Language : English
No of Pages : 192
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 2/21/2004
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8.9x7.3x0.7
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: