Would you believe â€¦ ?
- A man chokes on his favorite food, but his daughter saves him with a common household appliance. What does she use?
- A lonely sailor puts a message in a bottle. A fisherman finds it and gives it to his daughter. What does she do with it?
- On a very hot day, a boy finds two puppies locked in a car. How does he keep them alive?
More low-level yet high-interest stories! These 20 captivating stories, selected from news sources all over the world, are all true! They are told as simply as possible -- almost exclusively in the present tense -- and most stories are less than Â½ page long.
ÂAll New Easy True Stories, by Sandra Heyer, continues the True Stories tradition with a companion book to Easy True Stories. Written at the same level, the text features twenty all-new stories and exercises. These two parallel readers give students the option of lingering a while at this level. They can go back and forth between Easy True Stories and All New Easy True Stories, or they can complete first one book and then the other. Or teachers can use Easy True Stories one semester and All New Easy True Stories the next. That way, students who stay in a low-beginning class when their classmates move on to the next level can essentially repeat the class but with all new material. Combined, the two books offer 40 stories, giving teachers multiple opportunities to incorporate reading into their thematically-based instructional units.
- First, students look at a series of 9 pictures while the teacher tells the story. This pre-reading step gives students a global understanding of the story before they read.
- Next, students read the story.
- Finally, students complete exercises following each story to develop basic reading skills as well as build pronunciation, spelling, and vocabulary proficiency.
The True Stories series includes:
True Stories Behind the Songs
More True Stories Behind the Songs
Very Easy True Stories
All New Very Easy True Stories
Easy True Stories, Second Edition
All New Easy True Stories
True Stories in the News, Third Edition
More True Stories, Third Edition
Even More True Stories, Third Edition
Beyond True StoriesÂ
Author : Sandra Heyer
ISBN : 013118265X
Language : English
No of Pages : 91
Publication Date : 3/28/2004
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.55x8.11x0.24
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: