Complete Clinical and Practice Management Guidance in one handy reference!
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"Using an evidence-based approach, the authors provide a balanced and novel view of anesthesia techniques applied to the ambulatory setting. Their ultimate goal is to impart to others the knowledge of numerous experts, thereby improving ambulatory anesthesia outcomes. It succeeds in outstanding fashion....Although the book is aimed at anesthesiologists, medical students and other students of anesthesia will find many of the historical references interesting. It works on many levels, including current accepted practice, a historical perspective and a glimpse of the future. The contributor list reads like a 'Who's Who' in ambulatory anesthesia."--Doody's Review Service
This hands-on guide provides anesthesiology practitioners with essential clinical information on the increasingly utilized and important subject of ambulatory anesthesia. Whatâ€™s more, it also provides practical guidance for clinicians and institutions that are establishing or expanding an ambulatory surgical clinic.
Gain clinical expertise:
- Clinical content addresses all subjects a clinician needs to know, from how to assess the ambulatory patient for anesthesia care, to pharmacological principles, to the procedures and techniques used in specific disease conditions, and much more
- Includes expert guidance on timely issues such as advanced regional anesthesia including peripheral nerve blocks, multimodal analgesia, postoperative pain management, anesthesia for laparoscopic surgery, anesthesia for cosmetic procedures, and more.
- Also includes practical pearls regarding anesthesia in the pediatric patient, anesthesia in special situations, such as patients with morbid obesity or pacemakers, adverse event recognition and treatment, prevention and treatment of postoperative nausea, and much more.
Includes practice managmente strategies on:
- Structure and function of the ideal ambulatory surgery center
- Regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Business management strategies
- Quality improvement in ambulatory anesthesia
- Cost containment in ambulatory surgery centers
- Much more
Author : Susan Steele
ISBN : 0071412409
Language : English
No of Pages : 648
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 6/30/2004
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.4x1
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: