Applied Human Resource Management: Strategic Issues and Experiential Exercises gives business students in-depth, hands-on experiential learning applications to help them develop the skills they will need as human resource professionals who deal with people in diverse settings and situations. Providing maximum teaching flexibility, each chapter presents ten different issues that organizations must resolve to manage their human resources effectively. These chapters also offer four distinct types of interactive learning experiences: Strategic Issues in HRM Exercises, Applications, Experiential Exercises, and Creative Exercises.
- Offers four Strategic Issues in HRM exercises in each chapter that can be used for class discussions, assigned as homework problems, used as topics for group presentations, or incorporated into tests as essay questions
- Includes two Applications per chapter, brief projects that require students to apply a human resource management concept to a realistic situation, which are ideal for use as homework assignments, instructor illustrations/demonstrations, or in-class projects
- Provides two Experiential Exercises in each chapter to provide students with hands-on learning experiences within a realistic context
- Includes two open-ended Creative Exercises per chapter that ask students or teams to develop unique solutions to realistic problems using what they have learned
- Provides a list of each chapterâ€™s exercises grouped according to The Human Resource Certification Instituteâ€™s Body of Knowledge in Human Resources Management categories to help instructors plan the exercises they want to use according to the HRM Body of Knowledge
This book is an ideal core or supplemental text for graduate-level courses in Human Resource Management, Advanced Human Resource Management, and Personnel Management in departments of business, management, public administration, education, and psychology.
Author : Kenneth M. York
ISBN : 1412954924
Language : English
No of Pages : 432
Edition : 1.11.2009
Publication Date : 2/10/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.9x6.9x1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: