The first communication theory text to provide practical information for career-oriented students
â€œMy studentsâ€™ feedback has been so positive, without me asking what they think of the text, that I believe Iâ€™d be crazy not to use the new Second Edition.â€ â€•Erin C. B. Bentley, West Virginia Wesleyan College
â€œI like how I can adapt this book to my teaching style and the needs of my students. Unlike many theory books, this one does not intimidate undergrad students!â€ â€•Ronald Fetzer, Miami University of Ohio
Featuring eleven new case studies, updated examples, and the latest research, this Second Edition of Applying Communication Theory for Professional Life introduces communication theory in a way that helps students understand its importance to careers in communication and business. Concise, practical, and reader-friendly, this book offers succinct coverage of most major theories, including theories of intrapersonal communication, interpersonal interaction, intercultural encounters, persuasion, leadership, group communication, organizational behavior, and mass communication. Real-world case studies for in-class use illustrate the application of theory in a variety of professional settings and can easily be expanded into writing assignments.
New and Proven Features
- Provides eleven new case studies and updated examples throughout that involve students in applying theory to real-life situations
- Includes the latest research on the efficacy of each theory
- Focuses on a particular theory in each chapter, followed by a real-life case study that illustrates the theory's practicality in communication or business settings
- Uses charts and models to highlight the central concepts of each theory presented
- Includes a unique synthesis chapter that identifies common themes among theories and clarifies these themes within the framework of communication competence
Revised and expanded password-protected Instructor Resources are available at www.sagepub.com/dainton2einstr and include sample syllabi, a test bank, PowerPoint slides, additional case studies, and in-class activities/topics for discussion, as well as additional cases from the First Edition.
This book is ideal for use as a core text for upper-level courses in Communication Theory, as found in departments of Communication Studies, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, and Mass Communication. It is also appropriate as a supplementary text for courses in Business, Education, and Psychology.
Author : Marianne Dainton
ISBN : 141297691X
Language : English
No of Pages : 264
Edition : Second Edition
Publication Date : 4/7/2010
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8.9x6x0.7
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: