When it comes to writing assessment, there's no better judge of what your students know and are able to do than you. And when it comes to advice on best practices for assessment, there's no better source than Carl Anderson's Assessing Writers. Like he did in the popular and highly acclaimed How's It Going?, Anderson offers smart, ready-to-use ideas for assessment. Assessing Writers offers practical methods for gathering information about every writer in your classroom and shows you how to create writing lessons that address the needs of individual students as well as the whole class.
Anderson's straightforward approach helps you imagine an ongoing assessment program that takes you from meeting new students to designing curriculum. In Assessing Writers you'll find out:
- what you need to know about students to assess them as writers
- how to uncover and make sense of this information
- how to make an individualized plan for each student
- how to use these plans when you confer
- how to structure units of study to meet classroom-wide needs.
Author : Carl Anderson
ISBN : 0325005818
Language : English
No of Pages : 272
Publication Date : 6/21/2005
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x7.3x0.6
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: