Unlike other books, this text is organized chronologically to present the overall process in a â€œstraight lineâ€ â€“ a practical and useful pedagogy in itself for the novice teacher. The text provides the practical tools necessary for a new teacher to understand the process of assessment in schools and then learn how to put it all together. It provides future special educators comprehensive coverage of the latest tests and evaluation procedures for all areas of exceptionality â€“ for every age group â€“ for students with mild, moderate, and severe disabilities.
HIGHLIGHTS OF WHAT'S NEW IN THE THIRD EDITION:
- New chapter on Response to Intervention (RTI) makes readers aware of the increased importance of multi-tiered assessment in todayâ€™s classrooms (see Chapter 17).
- New information on Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP) (see Chapter 11).
- New information on the various types of speech and language disorders often seen by teachers ofÂ Special Education (see Chapter 13).
- Provides readers with a more comprehensiveÂ approach toÂ the eligibility requirements necessary for a diagnosis to be made (see Chapter 16).
- Updated and revised content for the discussed areas of disability, including Learning Disabilities, Speech and Language Disorders, Mental Retardation or Intellectual Disabilities, and Emotional Disturbance
Author : Roger A. Pierangelo
ISBN : 0205608353
Language : English
No of Pages : 432
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 5/14/2008
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.3x7.1x0.6
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: