Praise for this book:
Impressive...remarkably effective.--Journal of the American Medical Association
A brilliant masterpiece, filled with anatomical illustrations of great accuracy, appropriately labeled and aesthetically appealing.--Doody's Review
Atlas of Anatomy contains everything students need to successfully tackle the daunting challenges of anatomy. Complete with exquisite, full-color illustrations by award-winning artists Markus Voll and Karl Wesker, the atlas is organized to lead students step-by-step through each region of the body. Each region opens with the foundational skeletal framework. The subsequent chapters build upon this foundation, adding the muscles, then organs, then vessels, then nerves, and finally presenting topographic anatomy for a comprehensive view. Each unit closes with surface anatomy accompanied by questions that ask the reader to apply knowledge learned for the real-life physical examination of patients.
- 2,200 full-color illustrations of unsurpassed quality
- Brief introductory texts that provide an accessible entry point when a new topic is presented
- Clinical correlates and images, including radiographs, MRIs, CT scans, and endoscopic views
- Muscle Fact pages that organize the essentials, including origin, insertion, and innervation -- ideal for memorization, reference, and review
- Navigators that orient the reader with location and plane of dissection
- A scratch-off code provides access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, an interactive online study aid, featuring over 600 full-color anatomy illustrations and radiographs, labels-on, labels-off functionality, and timed self-tests
This atlas provides everything students need in just the right format, making the mastery of human anatomy eminently achievable.
Teaching anatomy? We have the educational e-product you need.
Instructors can use the Thieme Teaching Assistant: Anatomy to download and easily import 2,000+ full-color illustrations to enhance presentations, course materials, and handouts.
Author : Anne M Gilroy
ISBN : 160406062X
Language : English
No of Pages : 672
Edition : 1st softcover edition
Publication Date : 6/3/2008
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.7x9x1.4
Book weight : 0.05
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: