Atlas of the World
The only world atlas updated annually, guaranteeing that users will find the most current geographic information, Oxford's Atlas of the World is the most authoritative atlas on the market. Full of crisp, clear cartography of urban areas and virtually uninhabited landscapes around the globe, the Atlas is filled with maps of cities and regions at carefully selected scales that give a striking view of the Earth's surface. Opening with world statistics and a colorful, instructive 48-page Introduction to World Geography--beautifully illustrated with tables and graphs--this acclaimed resource provides details on numerous topics of geographic significance, such as climate change, food and water supply, biodiversity, energy, global conflict, and landforms.
Providing the finest global coverage available, the Atlas of the World is not only the best-selling volume of its size and price, but also the benchmark by which all other atlases are measured.
This milestone 20th edition includes:
· A new six-page opening section on "The Future of The Oceans,"
· A new spread on food production as part of the "Will the World Run Out of Food?" opening section
· Seven new satellite images of London, Amsterdam, Riyadh, Cairo, Vancouver, Sydney, Panama Canal, and Rio de Janeiro
· Six new world thematic maps on water scarcity, immigration, refugees, refugee remittances, direction of oil trade, and globalization
· Country descriptions have been updated to reflect the latest developments around the world
· Existing maps now depict dozens more manmade and natural features
· New inset maps of Hainan province in China and the United Arab Emirates (colored for political boundaries) offer expanded coverage of these regions.
· Adds Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta
· Adds Eden Gardens and Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata
· Adds new Expo Line to Culver City in Los Angeles
· Adds high speed rail link between Brussels and Amsterdam
· Adds new national park Calanques, near Marseilles
· Adds high speed rail link between Karlsruhe and Offenburg in Germany
· Adds new motorways in Ukraine and Russia
· Shows principal national parks in Russia
· Adds national parks in Spain eg Islas Atlánticas de Galicia
· Adds inset map of Hainan
· Names unclaimed territory between Egypt and Sudan
· Adds new airport in Maldives
· Adds Santa Maria volcano, in Guatemala
· Shows major new railway under construction in Brazil, linking Anápolis and Imperatriz
· Adds new Acropolis Museum and new tram line to Athens
· Shows the residential Amsterdam neighborhood IJberg and the polder suburb
Specifications of Atlas of the World
|Author||Oxford University Press|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||448|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: