The two volumes together include:
* Academic-quality texts with comprehensive content explained in an easy-to-understand, step-by step style
* Templates that provide a printable unlimited supply of accounting paper including worksheets, general journal, special journals, and ledger accounts
* Practice sets for both merchandising and service businesses
* End of chapter reviews with hundreds of review questions and reinforcement problems
* Detailed solutions to questions, problems, and practice sets
* Cumulative practice tests with solutions and review guidance
* Internet exercises to guide the reader in building an Accounting Resources folder.
Supplmental Content: Special tips and practical help, such as a checklist for accounting software, what to do when you cannot balance the checkbook (bank reconciliation) and accounting ethics guidelines; comprehensive basic math review, beginning at the most elementary level and continuing through decimals, percentages, signed numbers, order of operations, fractions, and basic algebra, all with problems and solutions; alternative recording techniques and error correction methods.
Volume 1 begins by introducing the reader to essential business concepts and business types. This is followed by an overview of the accounting process and in-depth training in transaction analysis. This approach makes it much easier for the reader to understand the procedures in a basic accounting system, particularly the use of debits and credits, than with traditional texts. After this preparation, the text explains the essential elements and procedures of a basic accounting system: chart of accounts, debits/credits, journal, ledger and ledger accounts, posting process, trial balance, and preparation of financial statements from trial balance.
The final section of the book provides a comprehensive introduction to corporate accounting. This includes an explanation of the corporate entity, corporate stock transactions, stockholder equity changes, and corporate financial statements.
Author : Gregory R. Mostyn
ISBN : 0979149487
Language : English
No of Pages : 671
Edition : First
Publication Date : 11/1/2007
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.4x1.5
Book weight : 0.05
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: