The most trusted and up-to-date pharmacology text in medicine -- completely redesigned to make the learning process even more interesting and efficient
A Doody's Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE for 2011!
5 Star Doody's Review!
"This is the most widely used textbook for teaching pharmacology to health professionals. This 11th edition is far superior to any previous editions....The authors' goals are to provide a complete, authoritative, current, and readable textbook of pharmacology for students in health sciences. Testimony to their success is the widespread use of this work as required textbook for pharmacology courses around the world. This book is used extensively by thousands of medical, pharmacy, podiatry, nursing, and other health professions students to study pharmacology. Likewise, it remains a valuable resource for residents and practicing physicians....I continue to use this book as a required resource for all courses that I teach to medical, nursing, and allied health students. It is authoritative, readable, and supported by numerous learning tools."--Doody's Review Service
Organized to reflect the syllabi in Pharmacology courses, Basic & Clinical Pharmacology covers all the important concepts students need to know about the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice. It is acknowledged worldwide as the fieldâ€™s most current, authoritative, and comprehensive textbook. To be as clinically relevant as possible, the book features a strong focus on the choice and use of drugs in patients and the monitoring of their effects.
Coverage that spans every important aspect of medical pharmacology:
- Basic Principles
- Autonomic Drugs
- Cardiovascular-Renal Drugs
- Drugs with Important Actions on Smooth Muscle
- Drugs that Act in the Central Nervous System
- Drugs Used to Treat Diseases of the Blood, Inflammation, and Gout
- Endocrine Drugs
- Chemotherapeutic Drugs
NEW to this edition:
- Full-color presentation, including 300+ illustrations
- Case studies introduce clinical problems in many chapters
- Drug summary tables for key information in comparative context
- Descriptions of important newly released drugs, including new immunopharmacologic agents
- Expanded coverage of general concepts relating to newly discovered receptors, receptor mechanisms, and drug transporters
Author : Bertram Katzung
ISBN : 0071604057
Language : English
No of Pages : 1232
Edition : 11
Publication Date : 7/1/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.5x1.5
Book weight : 0.05
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: