Learn the essentials of seamanship from one of the worldâ€™s premier boating organizations
Developed and refined through 35 years of Coast Guard Auxiliary training courses, Boating Skills and Seamanship is your perfect introduction to recreational boating's fundamentals. Great for beginning and intermediate powerboaters alike, it offers you the basics of choosing, equipping, and handling a small to midsize powerboat.
This new edition of the Coast Guard Auxiliaryâ€™s classic boating skills manual will answer all your questions on:
- Selecting the right boatâ€”whether a 10-foot skiff or a 35-foot cruiser
- Essential equipment, both required and recommended
- Docking and anchoring
- Boat handling and seamanship on coastal and inland waters
- Trailering a boat
- Navigation and the rules of the nautical road
- Using and maintaining marine engines, drive trains, and electronics
- Knots, splices, and line handling
- Marine weather and marine communications
- And much more!
Approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA), with chapter review questions and answers, Boating Skills and Seamanship is the ideal study and reference guide for anyone taking a state boating license exam or seeking better boating skills and knowledge.
Author : U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
ISBN : 0071467297
Language : English
No of Pages : 404
Edition : 13th
Publication Date : 10/20/2006
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.5x1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: