By the People: Debating American Government
ENGAGE. THINK. DEBATE.
Challenge your students to ENGAGE in the conversation and process; THINK about the ideas, history, structure, and function; and DEBATE the merits of American government and politics in the 21st century.
In a storytelling approach that weaves contemporary examples together with historical context, By the People: Debating American Government explores the themes and ideas that drive the great debates in American government and politics. It introduces students to big questions like Who governs? How does our system of government work? What does government do? and Who are we? By challenging students with these questions, the text gets them to think about, engage with, and debate the merits of U.S. government and politics.
* "By the Numbers" boxes containing fun facts help frame the quizzical reality of American politics and government
* "Comparing Nations" boxes discuss how other nations operate their courts, legislatures, media, and elections and help students understand what is vital and distinctive about the U.S.
* "See For Yourself" features enable students to connect with the click of a smart phone to videos and other interactive online content
* Chapter Two introduces students to seven key American ideas, which are revisited throughout the text
* "The Bottom Line" summaries conclude each chapter section, underscoring the most important aspects of the discussion
* "What Do You Think?" boxes encourage students to use their critical-thinking skills and debate issues in American government
* Four major themes, in the form of questions to spark debate, are presented to students in Chapter One and appear throughout the text
ENSURING STUDENT SUCCESS
We offer qualified adopters a comprehensive ancillary package:
Online homework made easy! Tired of learning management systems that promise the world but are too difficult to use? Oxford offers you Dashboard, a simply, nationally hosted, online learning course--including study, review, interactive, and assessment materials--in an easy-to-use system that requires less than fifteen minutes to master. Assignment and assessment results flow into a straightforward, color-coded gradebook, allowing you a clear view into your students' progress. The system works on every major platform and device, including mobile devices.
Only $5 with the price of a new book! Also available for sale on its own. Contact your local OUP representative to order By the People + the Access Code Card for Dashboard.
Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/morone
For instructors, this site includes the teaching tools described below. For students, it offers a number of study tools including learning objectives, key-concept summaries, quizzes and essay questions, web activities, and web links.
Instructor's Resource Manual with Test Bank
Computerized Test Bank: Using the test authoring and management tool Diploma, this computerized test bank is designed for both novice and advanced users.
PowerPoint-based Slides: Each chapter's slide deck includes a succinct chapter outline and incorporates relevant chapter graphics. Available on the Instructor's Resource CD and as a download online.
Instructor's Resource CD: This includes the Instructor's Resource Manual with Tests, the Computerized Test Bank, the PowerPoint-based slides, and the graphics from the text.
Now Playing: Learning American Government Through Film: This concise print supplement provides a variety of suggested films that illustrate concepts covered in the text. It is available in both a student and an instructor version and can be packaged with By The People for free.
CNN Video Guide
Adopters of By The People can package any Oxford University Press book with the text for a 20% savings off the total package price. See our many trade and scholarly offerings at www.oup.com/us, then contact your local OUP sales representative to request a package ISBN. In addition, any title from the Very Short Introduction Series, a collection of brief books offering succinct introductions to a variety of topics, can be packaged for FREE.
Specifications of By the People: Debating American Government
|Author||James Morone, Rogan Kersh|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||784|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: