Unlike most other texts for Multicultural Education on the market, this one provides practical and useful teaching strategies and class-tested lesson plans, as well as a foundation for understanding the context of multicultural education. Â Choosing Democracy was the first text of its kind to show teachers how to construct a curriculum that is truly democratic, while at the same time meeting the requirements of todayâ€™s standardâ€™s based educational environment.Â
Most new teachers are not prepared to face the diversity of the classrooms of today.Â Nor are they prepared to handle the many challenging issues that will arise in these multicultural and multilingual classes.Â This book gives solid and substantial coverage of important issues facing teachers such as classroom management, critical thinking, cooperative learning, assisting English Language Learners, dealing with substantive values, and assessment.Â It also teaches educators to formulate a deeper understanding of their own cultural frame of reference in order to develop a second multicultural perspective.
New To This Edition:
- NEW!Â Provides ideas for teachers looking to change their curriculum in Chapter 12.Â
- NEW!Â Includes a new section with a new co-author, (Dr. Francisco Reveles) an expert on gang related behavior and bullying.
- NEW!Â Illustrates ways to manage a classroom based on democratic principles and cultural proficiencyâ€“makes the text valuable to even the most reluctant reader.
- NEW!Â Contains a new section on integrating technology and using the Internet in the classroom.
- NEW!Â Features a thoroughly revised Chapter 13â€“Explains the major efforts at school reform and The No Child Left Behind Act.
Author : Duane E. Campbell
ISBN : 0135034817
Language : English
No of Pages : 480
Edition : 4
Publication Date : 3/13/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.3x7.5x1
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: