Building on the best-selling tradition of previous editions, Classical Mythology, 6/e examines the literary tradition of Greek and Roman mythology through extensive translations of original mythological sources. This comprehensive and accessible introduction to classical mythology incorporates a dynamic combination of poetic narratives and enlightening commentary to make classical myths come alive for students. The authors' insightful discussions of classical myths in their historical and cultural settings--as well as their survival in literature, art, music, and film--remain unparalleled.
The sixth edition of Classical Mythology features a host of pedagogical aids, including:
· The authors' helpful student study guide, A Companion to Classical Mythology
· A companion website: http://www.oup-usa.org/sc/0195143388 featuring chapter summaries, short quizzes, maps, additional original translations, links to Perseus and other mythology websites, practice tests, and more!
· Many new translations and a new appendix to Chapter 8 that includes most of Euripides' Hippolytus
· Expanded coverage of comparative and interpretative approaches as well as evidence from art and archaeology
· Copious illustrations--maps, genealogy charts, and reproductions of paintings and sculpture from 750 B.C. to the present--including 22 color plates
· Extended critical coverage
· Quick-Reference Glossary/Index to help students quickly identify names, places, and events
Specifications of Classical Mythology
|Author||Mark P. O. Morford, Robert J. Lenardon|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||704|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: