Covering the nurse's role in promoting community health, Community/Public Health Nursing, 5th Edition is known for its "upstream" preventive focus and social justice approach, photo novellas with clinical stories, and a concise, readable style. It shows how you, as a nurse, can take an active role in social action and health policyÂ - especially in caring for diverse population groups. Expert authors Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen discuss today's issues and trends, and describe the key issues and responsibilities of contemporary community/public health nursing.
- An "upstream" focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community.
- A "social justice" approach promotes health for everyone.
- Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Case Study: Application of the Nursing Process feature presents specific community components of the nursing process separately from individual and family.
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of current research to chapter content.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes summarize objectives and their importance in community health.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines introduce important concepts and terminology at the beginning of every chapter.
- Learning Activities at the end of each chapter ask you to apply concepts to the world outside the classroom.
- New Health Promotion and Risk Reduction chapter details the promotion of health and presents strategies that can identify risk factors for illness.
- Faith Community Nursing chapter reflects current terminology from the ANAÃ•s Scope and Standards of Practice, and includes more coverage of the spiritual health of clients.
- Health: A Community View chapter expands its discussion of the continual challenges and strategies associated with the delivery of health care.
- Communicable Disease chapter includes new information about public health surveillance, outbreaks, and bioterrorism.
- Cultural Diversity and Community Health Nursing chapter features new content on complementary and alternative therapies.
Author : Mary A. Nies PhD RN FAAN FAAHB
ISBN : 1437708609
Language : English
No of Pages : 720
Edition : 5
Publication Date : 10/11/2010
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 11.2x8.6x1.3
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: