Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 5th Edition prepares you for the rapidly evolving world of health care. It provides a comprehensive, yet focused overview of nursing topics affecting practice and issues facing today's nurse managers and tomorrow's nurse leaders. Written by well-known educators Barbara Cherry and Susan R. Jacob, this edition is fully revised and updated, giving you the most practical, balanced preparation for the issues, trends, and management topics you'll encounter in practice.
- A full-color design helps illustrate concepts and enhances readability.
- Colorful, humorous cartoonsÂ introduceÂ theÂ chapter themes.
- Real-life VignettesÂ at the beginning of each chapter put nursingÂ history and practice into perspective.
- Questions to Consider While Reading This Chapter reflect on the Vignettes and prepareÂ you for the material to follow.
- Key Terms, Learning Outcomes, andÂ Chapter Overviews help you study more efficiently.
- Coverage of leadership and management in nursing prepares you to function effectively in management roles.
- Coverage of career management provides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RNÂ® Examination.
- Safe and effective decision making is emphasized with a new Quality and Safety in Nursing Education (QSEN) chapter that highlights the six core quality competencies for working in a quality-focused system, plus new information on clinical practice guidelines and innovations in health care delivery.Â
- A focus on the nursing role includes new content on the jurisprudence examinations now required in many states, and additional content on contemporary ethical issues such as stem cell research, surrogate parenting, abortion, and gene typing.
- Coverage of teamwork and cultural sensitivity preparesÂ you to work and communicate as team members across gender and cultural divides.
- Communication skills are promoted with new examples of effective and ineffective e-mail communication and a stronger focus on conflict management among coworkers.
- Coverage of nursing leadership includes the history, pros, and cons of collective bargaining in a new chapter, and relationships of cost, quality, and value in healthcare including issues such as "never events" and pay-for-performance.
- Nursing opportunities now include coverage of palliative care.
- Resources on the companion Evolve website include new Case Studies, interactive Student Learning Activities, and a Resume Builder.
Author : Barbara Cherry
ISBN : 0323069533
Language : English
No of Pages : 640
Edition : 5th
Publication Date : 8/18/2010
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.3x7.5x1.1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: