Fills a special niche for courses in counseling and educational researchâ€¦
The Second Edition of Counseling and Educational Research: Evaluation and Application emphasizes the importance of being a good consumer of research and teaches the practitioner how to conduct research in practice. Author Rick Houser uses concrete examples from the professional literature to demonstrate how to effectively evaluate and interpret research articles. In order to give the reader a chance to see the evaluation of an article from beginning to end, this new edition uses several articles throughout the book to illustrate the methods of evaluation and interpretation rather than using different articles for each segment of an article.
New to the Second Edition
- Offers more material on qualitative research
- Includes a new chapter on statistical methods
- Provides a new chapter on mixed methods
- Incorporates a new chapter on searching articles in professional journals and searching various online databases
- Summarizes recent developments through a new chapter on evidence-based research
- Presents new articles to draw on for examples
- Gives ACA ethical guidelines and expanded coverage on program evaluation
This book is specifically written for introductory courses in research methods at the advanced undergraduate and graduate levels in the fields of counseling, social work, education, and psychology.
Author : Rick A. Houser
ISBN : 1412956617
Language : English
No of Pages : 296
Edition : Second Edition
Publication Date : 11/19/2008
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8.8x6x0.8
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: