* Reexamine the materials, experiences, and expectations of the English/language arts classroom;
* Use strategies to improve literacy in all the content areas and seek alternatives to the traditional textbook;
* Make independent reading an important part of studentsâ€™ ongoing literacy development;
* Design and use interventions that really work for struggling students; and
* Consider the schoolwide elementsâ€”professional development, peer coaching, leadership, and assessmentâ€”that should be in place to support teachers and students.
Essential questions provide the focus for each chapter, and Quality Indicators for Secondary Literacy help readers gauge where they are on the continuum of providing a meaningful literacy experience for students. Creating Literacy-Rich Schools for Adolescents will inspire educators to take up this challenge in their own school with new confidence that the work is worthwhile and achievable.
Author : Gay Ivey
ISBN : 1416603212
Language : English
No of Pages : 154
Publication Date : 3/28/2007
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8.8x6.7x0.5
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: