In the Fourth Edition, the authors retain the vitality and contemporary approach of Criminal Procedures: Cases, Statutes, and Executive Materials with an updated selection of cases and statutes and expanded discussions of important topics.
Covering in detail the "bail-to-jail" portions of the criminal process, this casebook features:
- Extensive use of documents from multiple institutions including U.S. Supreme Court cases, state high court cases, state and federal statutes, rules of procedure, and prosecutorial policies.
- A real world perspective that focuses on high-volume issues of current importance to defendants, lawyers, courts, legislators, and the public.
- Interdisciplinary examination of the impact that different procedures have on the enforcers, lawyers, courts, communities, defendants, and victims.
- Frequent use of Problems that gives the instructor options for applying concepts and doctrines in realistic practice settings.
Integrating the casebook with the web site to provide additional materials, the Fourth Edition offers:
- An updated selection of cases and statutes.
- Expanded coverage of the impact of race on criminal adjudication and sentencing.
- Reorganized and expanded coverage of plea negotiations and guilty pleas.
Author : Marc L. Miller
ISBN : 0735507198
Language : English
No of Pages : 832
Edition : 4
Publication Date : 7/27/2011
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10x7.3x1.2
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: