Criminal Profiling, Third Edition: An Introduction To Behavioral Evidence Analysis
ISBN : 9780123741004
Availability: Only 5 Left In-stock.
Criminal Profiling, Third Edition: An Introduction to Behavioral Evidence Analysis
Now in its third edition, Criminal Profiling is established as an industry standard text. It moves evidence-based criminal profiling into a full embrace of the scientific method with respect to examining and interpreting behavioral evidence. If focuses on criminal profiling as an investigative and forensic process, helping to solve crime through an honest understanding of the nature and behavior of the most violent criminals. Throughout the text, the author outlines specific principles and practice standards for Behavioral Evidence Analysis, focusing on the application of theory and method to real cases.
Criminal Profiling, Third Edition, is an ideal companion for students and professionals alike, including investigators, forensic scientists, criminologists, mental health professionals, and attorneys. With contributing authors representing law enforcement, academic, mental health, and forensic science communities, it offers a balanced perspective not found in other books on this subject. Readers will use it as a comprehensive reference text, a handbook for evaluating physical evidence, a tool to bring new perspectives to cold cases, and as an aid in preparing for criminal trials.
* Best-selling author Brent Turvey defines the deductive profiling method, which focuses on examining the nature and behavior of criminals in order to solve crimes
* Contributing authors represent law enforcement, academic, mental health, and forensic science communities for a balanced perspective
* Completely revised with 35% new material including updates on the latest advances in evidence-based profiling
New to this edition
* New cases in every chapter
* New chapters in logic and reasoning
* New chapter reviewing non-evidence based profiling methods
* New chapter on mass homicide
* New chapter on terrorist profiling and interviewing
Specifications of Criminal Profiling, Third Edition: An Introduction to Behavioral Evidence Analysis
|Author||Brent E. Turvey|
|Number Of Pages||816|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: