The information nurses needâ€¦when, where, and how they need it!
Todayâ€™s most comprehensive nursing drug guide emphasizes safety 1st!
Davisâ€™s Drug Guide for Nurses, Twelfth Edition always puts safety firstâ€¦emphasizing the information nurses need to know to administer medications competently and safelyâ€¦across the lifespan. Well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade name drugs reflect the latest FDA approvals and changes.
The TWELFTH EDITION at a glanceâ€¦
- NEW and UPDATED CONTENT
- NEW! Free, 1-year subscription to Drug Guide Online (DrugGuide.com) featuring over 1,500 complete drug monographs, the latest FDA approvals, and much more.
- NEW & UNIQUE! Pharmacogenomic content.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated monographs.
- UPDATED! Evidence-based content related to pharmacotherapeutics.
- UPDATED! Full-color insert, including photographs of â€œTall Man,â€ high alert, and commonly seen drugs.
- NEW! Additional headings for special populations.
- EXPANDED! Herbal content.
- UPDATED! Cost information for 200 top drugs.
- UPDATED! Nursing diagnoses.
- UPDATED! FREE mobile download of 100 complete drug monographs.
- UPDATED & UNIQUE! Psychotropic Drugs Tutorial depicts the safe administration of psychotropic medication and includes monograph content for select psychotropic drugs and a multiple-choice self-test.
- UPDATED! Wound Care Tutorial provides a photographic overview of the different types of wounds and wound care products as well as a self-test, with answers and rationales.
- UPDATED! FREE, mobile download of 100 complete drug monographs.
- Well-structured and readable
- Organized by generic drug name, with an index that includes generic and trade names, classifications, combination drugs, and herbals.
- An engaging, easy-to-read style.
Safety 1st with Unique clinical and learning tools!
Resource Kit CD-ROM (Mac & PC Compatible)
This is not your ordinary drug guide CD-ROM! Completely revised and updated, Davisâ€™s Drug Guide, Twelfth Edition CD-ROM is a complete Resource Kit with tools students and clinicians need to administer medications safety and competently.
UPDATED & UNIQUE! Preventing Medication Errors Tutorial providesâ€¦
- a medication safety review
- a self test with â€œreal-lifeâ€ scenarios
- physician orders
- rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- UPDATED! Interactive Case Studies offer brief â€œreal-lifeâ€ scenarios followed by a series of questions. Results can be printed or e-mailed.
- UPDATED! Drug Search Program offers easy access to nearly 700 drug monographs with audio pronunciations. (Copy, paste, and print each one.)
- NEW! Calculator for Body Mass Index (BMI) as well as calculators for metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/kg calculations, and Fahrenheit/Celsius.
- NEW! Audio Library for nearly 1,000 drug names from the Davisâ€™s Drug Guide for Nurses database.
- Wound Care Clinical Sheet, pocket sized and printable, offers a quick review of pressure ulcer prevention strategiesâ€¦
- wound assessment
- pressure ulcer stages and treatment
- wound care products
- NEW and ENHANCED CLINICAL and LEARNING TOOLS
- NEW! Interactive Flash cards.
- UPDATED! Case Studies.
- NEW! Audio podcasts.
- NEW! Calculator for Body Mass Index (BMI).
- NEW and ENHANCED TEACHING RESOURCES
- NEW! Electronic Test Bank.
- UPDATED! PowerPoint presentations.
- UPDATED! Case Studies.
- UPDATED! Classroom Activities.
SAFETY 1ST WITH ALL OF THE STRENGTHS THAT HAVE MADE IT THE DRUG GUIDE OF CHOICE YEAR AFTER YEAR!
- Nursing practice
- All 5 steps of the nursing process.
- The Joint Commissionâ€™s guidelines on pain management.
- Vulnerable patient populations across the lifespan in each monograph.
- Extensive coverage of IV administration,in both the Pharmacology and Nursing Implications sections, highlighted by special subheads, with specific information onâ€¦
- dilution, concentration, and rate
- clinical precautions
- direct IV administration
- intermittent or continuous infusions
- lifespan considerations
- IV compatibilities and incompatibilities
- Patient safety and preventing medication errors
- More high-alert coverage and patient safety information than any other drug guide.
- Life-threatening side effectsâ€¦
- most frequently encountered problems
- â€œdo not confuse with,â€ â€œdo not crush, break, or chewâ€ medications
- how to avoid common errors, where appropriate.
- Drug-drug, drug-natural products, and drug-food interactions.
- How to administer medication safely by all routes, with information onâ€¦
- preparation and mixture of oral meds
- methods for parenteral administration, toxicity and signs of overdose
- dosing considerations for patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- much more!
- Thorough Patient and Family Teaching Guidelines.
Author : Judith Hopfer Deglin PharmD
ISBN : 0803623089
Language : English
No of Pages : 1488
Edition : 12
Publication Date : 6/21/2010
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 8x5.6x1.8
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: