In this updated, revised, and expanded third edition of Designing Resistance Training Programs, two of the world's leading experts on strength training explore how to use scientific knowledge to develop personalized training programs.
With this text, you'll be able to
- design scientifically sound resistance training programs,
- modify and adapt programs to meet the needs of special populations, and
- understand how exercise prescription design works in the real world.
Designing Resistance Training Programs, Third Edition, is a clear, readable, state-of-the-art guide to developing individualized training programs for both athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The authors cover resistance training; bioenergetics; and muscular, nervous, and cardiovascular systems adaptations. They also discuss basic training systems and program prescriptions designed to enhance strength, power, and endurance.
The new edition contains three chapters dedicated to resistance training issues and concerns for children, women, and seniors, including how to modify and adapt such programs to address the special needs and concerns for each group.
Designing Resistance Training Programs, Third Edition, also contains these updated features:
- Summaries recap the important points in each chapter for readers who want a quick review.
- Key terms are highlighted and listed at the end of each chapter to help readers identify the most important ideas.
- Selected readings provide additional books and journal articles for more in-depth knowledge on the subject.
- Case studies use examples of exercise prescription design in real-life situations involving wrestling, personal fitness, and volleyball.
This updated and expanded new edition will be an important tool for coaches, trainers, and students who want to improve their knowledge and success in designing resistance training programs.
Author : Steven Fleck
ISBN : 0736042571
Language : English
No of Pages : 392
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 9/12/2003
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.87x8.58x1.18
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: