A dynamic, brief public speaking text
This concise public speaking guide pairs all the benefits of a brief text with a full-color, highly visual DK design.
Based on the innovative, student- and instructor-tested DK Guide to Public Speaking, this compact handbook places a greater focus on â€œhow toâ€ and core skills while maintaining the groundbreaking, illustrative style and effective pedagogical framework. Streamlined chapters with condensed explanations and examples target the basic elements for successful public speaking. Concepts are presented visually and supported by text, allowing students to get an overview at a glance and read on for specifics. Spiral binding, color-coded parts, and cross-referenced charts for the process of public speaking keep the text easy to navigate. Combining concise coverage with dynamic design, DK Speaker provides a lively, pedagogically solid option for any introductory public speaking course.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experienceâ€”for you and your students.Â Hereâ€™s how:
- Personalize Learningâ€“MySpeechLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engages experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with education expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinkingâ€“ Chapter headingsâ€“in question formatâ€“identify specific learning objectives to encourage students to think critically about the material. Each chapter-opening contents section also serves as a list of learning objectives for that chapter.
- Engage Studentsâ€“The dynamic, visual design and an abundance of current examples engage students in the text.
- Apply Ethicsâ€“â€œPracticing Ethicsâ€ sections integrated into each part of the speech process.
- Support Instructorsâ€“A full set of supplements, including MySpeechLab, an Instructorâ€™s Manual, Test Bank, and PowerPoints, provides instructors with the support they need.
Note: MySpeechLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySpeechLab, please visit:
www.myspeechlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySpeechLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 020590937X / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205909377
Author : Lisa A. Ford-Brown
ISBN : 0205870120
Language : English
No of Pages : 384
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 6/28/2012
Format/Binding : Spiral-bound
Book dimensions : 7.56x6.54x0.63
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: