Minerals and rocks form the foundation of geologic studies. This new textbook has been written to address the needs of students at the increasing number of universities that have compressed separate mineralogy and petrology courses into a one- or two-semester Earth materials course.
Key features of this book include:
- equal coverage of mineralogy, sedimentary petrology, igneous petrology and metamorphic petrology;
- copious field examples and regional relationships with graphics that illustrate the concepts discussed;
- numerous case studies to show the uses of earth materials as resources and their fundamental role in our lives and the global economy, and their relation to natural and human-induced hazards;
- the integration of earth materials into a cohesive process-based earth systems framework;
- two color thoughout with 48 pages of four color.Â
Readership: students taking an earth materials, or combined mineralogy and petrology course in an earth science degree program. It will also be useful for environmental scientists, engineering geologists, and physical geographers who need to learn about minerals, rocks, soil and water in a comprehensive framework.Â
A companion website for this book is available at: www.wiley.com/go/hefferan/earthmaterials.
Author : Kevin Hefferan
ISBN : 1405144335
Language : English
No of Pages : 624
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 5/18/2010
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.7x8.7x1.4
Book weight : 0.05
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: