Demonstrates How Current Research Informs Effective PracticesÂ
- Each chapter includes What Works, which presents research-based practices in action, including descriptions of demonstrated effective practices such as dialogic reading and engaging children in planning.
- Expert Lens features focus on culture, linguistic diversity, and children with disabilities and special needs. Preeminent professionals in the fieldâ€”Carol Brunson Day, Gail Joseph, and Luis Hernandezâ€”present their perspectives on key topics.
- The terms and definitions used in this text contribute to establishing a shared vocabulary for all of those in and entering the field.
Describes What Effective Teachers Do to Enhance Childrenâ€™s Learning and Development
- This text emphasizes the notion that effective teachers are purposeful in everything they do. Effective teachers have the knowledge to make informed decisions and adapt for individual differences in children throughout the day.Â Many of the features in the text were contributed by Carol Copple. Â
- Becoming an Intentional Teacher features get into the heads of what teachers are thinking and how and why they select the strategies they do.
- How Would You Respond? features are critical thinking, classroom-based exercises that ask students to make informed decisions to address situations.
- Chapter 9, Teaching to Enhance Learning and Development, is a unique, practical chapter that focuses on teaching strategies that work.
- Building Teaching Skills and DispositionsÂ and Activities and Applications on MyEducationLab are assignable exercises in key areas such as planning a culturally responsive curriculum and making decisions about what is developmentally appropriate.
Focuses on Curriculum Content and What Is Important for Childrenâ€™s Learning and Development
- Chapters 12â€“15 focus on the goals for young childrenâ€™s learning and development in language, literacy, and the arts; math, science, and technology; social-emotional learning and social studies; and physical fitness and health.
- Play is integrated throughout as an effective means to support all domains of development and promote effective learning in all curriculum content areas.
- The emphasis on implementing effective curriculum includes current issues, such as the goal of aligning prekindergarten and primary education, research on what predicts later success in school, and expectations for teacher qualifications.
Author : Sue Bredekamp
ISBN : 0138019991
Language : English
No of Pages : 576
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 1/14/2010
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 11.2x8.8x1.1
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: