Master the medical terminology you'll need for success with this easy-to-use, objective-based approach! Focused on medical terminology and vocabulary, Exploring Medical Language: A Student-Directed Approach, 8th Edition helps you understand complex medical terms using a proven step-by-step strategy, building each term from its foundation. With a logical, body-systems organization and engaging terminology exercises throughout, it's your key to communicating confidently and effectively with other health care professionals.
- Systematic approach to terminology equips you to recognize and define new terms as you encounter them and to build the medical vocabulary you'll need in the health care setting.
- Pronunciation key provides quick access to frequently referenced material.
- Case studies encourage critical thinking and challenge you to apply what you've learned to realistic scenarios.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine boxes highlight words and phrases associated with this increasingly popular discipline.
- Terminology flash cards (409 cards)Â included with every book provide valuable review and self-assessment tools you can take anywhere for study on the go.
- Audio CDs, available at an additional charge and packaged either separately or with the book, help you perfect your pronunciation of difficult terms.
- Engaging study tools on a companion Evolve website reinforce your understanding through interactive exercises, the Body Spectrum A&P review program, and a 5,000-term English/Spanish glossary.
- Medical Terminology Online, available at an additional charge, gives you an enhanced learning experience with fully integrated online lessons, animations, slide shows, quizzes, exams, and more.
- Anatomy and physiology "boosters" on the companion Evolve website strengthen your understanding of important A&P concepts.
- Updated terms and abbreviations throughout the text keep you current with the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care industry.
- New illustrations clarify complex physiological processes and familiarize you with equipment you may encounter on the job.
Author : Myrna LaFleur Brooks RN BEd
ISBN : 0323073085
Language : English
No of Pages : 880
Edition : 8
Publication Date : 3/11/2011
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.7x1.4
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: