Extruded Cables For High-voltage Direct-current Transmission: Advances In Research And Development
ISBN : 1118096665
International Shipping: Add $20.
The only book on the market that provides current, necessary, and comprehensive technical knowledge of extruded cables and high-voltage direct-current transmission
This is the first book to fully address the technical aspects of high-voltage direct-current (HVDC) link projects with extruded cables. It covers design and engineering techniques for cable lines, insulation materials, and accessories, as well as cable performance and life span and reliability issues.
Beginning with a discussion on the fundamentals of HVDC cable transmission theory, Extruded Cables for High-Voltage Direct-Current Transmission: Advances in Research and Development covers:
- Both the cable and the accessories (joints and terminations), each of which affects cable line performance
- The basic designs of HVDC cablesâ€”including a comparison of mass insulated non-draining cables with extruded HVDC cables
- The theoretical elements on which the design of HVDC cables is basedâ€”highlighting the differences between HVAC and HVDC cables
- Space charge-related problems that have a critical impact on extruded insulation for HVDC application
- Recent advances in extruded compounds for HVDC cables such as additives and nano-fillers
- The improved design of extruded HVDC cable systemsâ€”with emphasis on design aspects relevant to accessories
- Cable line reliability problems and the impact on cable system design
Including more than 200 illustrations, Extruded Cables for High-Voltage Direct-Current Transmission fills a gap in the field, providing power cable engineers with complete, up-to-date guidance on HVDC cable lines with extruded insulation.
Author : Giovanni Mazzanti
ISBN : 1118096665
Language : English
No of Pages : 384
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 8/5/2013
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 9.3x6.4x1
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: