Finite and Discrete Math Problem Solver (Problem Solvers Solution Guides)
h Problem Solver is an insightful and essential study and solution guide chock-full of clear, concise problem-solving gems. All your questions can be found in one convenient source from one of the most trusted names in reference solution guides. More useful, more practical, and more informative, these study aids are the best review books and textbook companions available. Nothing remotely as comprehensive or as helpful exists in their subject anywhere. Perfect for undergraduate and graduate studies.
Here in this highly useful reference is the finest overview of finite and discrete math currently available, with hundreds of finite and discrete math problems that cover everything from graph theory and statistics to probability and Boolean algebra. Each problem is clearly solved with step-by-step detailed solutions.
- The PROBLEM SOLVERS are unique - the ultimate in study guides.
- They are ideal for helping students cope with the toughest subjects.
- They greatly simplify study and learning tasks.
- They enable students to come to grips with difficult problems by showing them the way, step-by-step, toward solving problems. As a result, they save hours of frustration and time spent on groping for answers and understanding.
- They cover material ranging from the elementary to the advanced in each subject.
- They work exceptionally well with any text in its field.
- PROBLEM SOLVERS are available in 41 subjects.
- Each PROBLEM SOLVER is prepared by supremely knowledgeable experts.
- Most are over 1000 pages.
- PROBLEM SOLVERS are not meant to be read cover to cover. They offer whatever may be needed at a given time. An excellent index helps to locate specific problems rapidly.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Logic
Statements, Negations, Conjunctions, and Disjunctions
Truth Table and Proposition Calculus
Conditional and Biconditional Statements
Chapter 2: Set Theory
Sets and Subsets
Chapter 3: Relations
Relations and Graphs
Inverse Relations and Composition of Relations
Properties of Relations
Chapter 4: Functions
Functions and Graphs
Surjective, Injective, and Bijective Functions
Chapter 5: Vectors and Matrices
The Inverse and Rank of a Matrix
Matrices and Systems of Equations, Cramer's Rule
Special Kinds of Matrices
Chapter 6: Graph Theory
Graphs and Directed Graphs
Matrices and Graphs
Isomorphic and Homeomorphic Graphs
Planar Graphs and Colorations
Chapter 7: Counting and Binomial Theorem
The Binomial Theorem
Chapter 8: Probability
Conditional Probability and Bayes' Theorem
Chapter 9: Statistics
The Binomial and Joint Distributions
Functions of Random Variables
Moment Generating Function
Special Discrete Distributions
Special Continuous Distributions
Regression and Correlation Analysis
Chi-Square and Contingency Tables
Chapter 10: Boolean Algebra
Boolean Algebra and Boolean Functions
Chapter 11: Linear Programming and the Theory of Games
Systems of Linear Inequalities
Geometric Solutions and Dual of Linear Programming Problems
The Simplex Method
Linear Programming - Advanced Methods
The Theory of Games
WHAT THIS BOOK IS FOR
Students have generally found finite and discrete math difficult subjects to understand and learn. Despite the publication of hundreds of textbooks in this field, each one intended to provide an improvement over previous textbooks, students of finite and discrete math continue to remain perplexed as a result of numerous subject areas that must be remembered and correlated when solving problems. Various interpretations of finite and discrete math terms also contribute to the difficulties of mastering the subject.
In a study of finite and discrete math, REA found the following basic reasons underlying the inherent difficulties of finite and discrete math:
No systematic rules of analysis were ever developed to follow in a step-by-step manner to solve typically encountered problems.
Specifications of Finite and Discrete Math Problem Solver (Problem Solvers Solution Guides)
|Author||The Editors of REA, Lutfi A. Lutfiyya|
|Publisher||Research & Education Association|
|Number Of Pages||1040|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: