With a fresh new design and a host of updated exercises and activities, the popular Focus on Grammar series is more practical and accessible than ever.Â Known for its focus on English grammar through contextualized listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities, this lively integrated skills course helps students bridge the gap between comprehending grammatical structures and actually using them.
Centered on thematic instruction, Focus on Grammar combines controlled and communicative practice in a consistent approach thatâ€™s a proven success among students at all levels.Â Each unit progresses through four steps: Grammar in Context, Grammar Presentation, Focused Practice, and Communication Practice, using a unique format that makes the program easy for students to understand â€”- and for teachers to implement.
Each Student Book features:
- Clear presentations and charts that make grammar easy to learn.
- Creative activities that stimulate communication.
- New high-interest readings that are rich in content.
- From Grammar to Writing sections that build composition skills.
- Review Tests to confirm progress and improve scores on standardized tests.
- New Internet activities for individual, pair, or group work.
Components (available separately):
- Workbook offers a wealth of additional exercises.
- Audio CD provides opportunities for both task-based and extended listening.
- CD-ROM software features contextualized, interactive activities for listening, reading, and writing practice.
- Teacherâ€™s Manual includes numerous teaching tips, audioscripts for all recorded exercises, and a CD-ROM with PowerPoint presentations and blackline masters.Â Also includes Student Book Answer Key.
- New Assessment Package for each lever features placement, diagnostic, and achievement tests; general proficiency tests; audio CD with scripts; and test-generating software with thousands of items to create class-appropriate tests.
- Transparencies of all grammar charts in the Student Books help instructors point out important patterns and structures.
- Test-generating CD-ROM allows teachers to create and customize tests quickly and easily, and is available alone or in the Assessment Package.
- Companion Website provides students with grammar practice in new contexts through web-based exercises.
Author : Jay Maurer
ISBN : 0131912739
Language : English
No of Pages : 444
Edition : 3rd
Publication Date : 8/11/2005
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.2x0.7
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: