Yvonne N. Buiâ€™sÂ How to Write a Masters Thesis is a step-by-step guidebook that demystifies a process that can often prove to be overwhelming and confusing to graduate students. The tone and format of the book is reader-friendly and includes practical suggestions that go beyond informing what â€œshouldâ€ be done. It is chock full of detailed explanations, examples, and supplemental materials that have been used successfully in advising students in completing their masterâ€™s theses.
- Provides detailed explanations of the various components of the masterâ€™s thesis
- Presents concrete strategies on how to conduct a literature review, write each chapter of the masterâ€™s thesis, and apply the American Psychological Association (APA) editorial style
- Covers both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Includes sample excerpts adapted from studentsâ€™ completed masterâ€™s theses in each chapter
- Contains a comprehensive resources section that features â€œTry Itâ€ exercises and reflection/discussion questions designed to help students work through the thesis process
- Presents numerous figures and captured screen shots from relevant Web sites, ERIC electronic database, and SPSS software integrated with the text
The book is intended for graduate students across the social and behavioral sciences undertaking a traditional five-chapter thesis as part of the requirements for a masterâ€™s degree as well as the university faculty who advise them.
Author : Yvonne N. (Nguyen) Bui
ISBN : 1412957109
Language : English
No of Pages : 320
Publication Date : 4/22/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x6x0.8
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: