Attributes that make this casebook a solid choice for advanced courses include:
- Exceptional accessibility through the authors’ lucid explanatory text as well as probing problems and questions.
- Organization around the four principal channels of trade, covering WTO obligations relating to technology trade (intellectual property), services trade, foreign direct investment, and the trade in goods.
- Focus on the public regulatory aspects of international trade, including trade barriers, unfair trade, safeguards, and dispute resolution.
- Extensive coverage of issues of interest to developing countries, including intellectual property rights.
- Discussion of the relationship to international trade of important social issues, such as protection of the environment, human rights, and labor.
- Discussion of classic cases, such as Belgian Family Allowances, Italian Tractor, and Spanish Coffee, as well as the most recent cases, such as EC-Bananas and U.S.-Zeroing.
- Examination of many related issues, such as potential and existing conflicts between the laws of the United States and its obligations under the WTO, and the practical application of important areas of U.S. trade law.
- Supplementation of text and cases with statutory materials as appropriate.
- A comprehensive Teacher’s Manual as well as a documents supplement.
Intentionally and intelligently selective in its coverage, International Trade Law: Problems, Cases, and Materials, provides focused, concise, accessible coverage of the regulatory aspects of international trade under both public international law and U.S. law.
Author : Daniel C.K. Chow
ISBN : 0735562180
Language : English
No of Pages : 864
Publication Date : 3/7/2008
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.2x7.4x1.7
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: