When blood and kidney functions are normal, they replenish and renew our well-being daily. And happily, we barely notice. But when their function is compromised, a cascade of problems is triggered in this finely balanced system. Knowing why and how this happens is vitally important. It is also one of our bodies' extraordinary stories.
This book, the third in the InVision Guide series, shines a spotlight on the intimate relationship between two unsung heroesâ€”your kidneys and blood, revealing:
- the marvel of your kidneys and red blood cells and how they work,
- how hypertension and diabetes can cause chronic kidney disease (CKD),
- how CKD can cause anemia, drastically sapping energy and lowering quality of life,
- management and prevention strategies for the health of your kidneys, and
- the journeys of people who have come to appreciate their kidneys and blood in a whole new way.
Author : Alexander Tsiaras
ISBN : 0060879106
Language : English
No of Pages : 114
Edition : 1
Publication Date : 3/25/2008
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.8x7.9x0.4
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: