- Celebrity Culture: Are Americans too focused on celebrities?
- Future of Marriage: Is traditional matrimony going out of style?
- Reducing Your Carbon Footprint: Can individual actions reduce global warming?
These are just a few of the provocative questions contested in Issues for Debate in Sociology. This engaging reader allows students to see an issue from all sides and to think critically about topics that matter to them. Classroom discussion will never be dull again!
About CQ Researcher Readers
In the tradition of nonpartisanship and current analysis that is the hallmark of Congressional Quarterly, CQ Researcher titles investigate important and controversial policy issues. Offer your students the balanced reporting, complete overviews and engaging writing that CQ Researcher has consistently provided for more than 80 years. Each article gives substantial background as well as current analysis of the issue as well as useful pedagogical features to inspire critical thinking and to help students grasp and review key material:
- A Pro/Con box that examines two competing sides of a single question
- A detailed chronology of key dates and events
- An annotated bibliography and Web resources
- Outlook sections that address possible regulation and initiatives from Capitol Hill and the White House over the next 5 to 10 years
- Photos, charts, graphs, and maps
Author : CQ Researcher
ISBN : 1412978602
Language : English
No of Pages : 456
Edition : annotated edition
Publication Date : 9/4/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x7.3x1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: