A brief yet thorough introduction with an emphasis on real-world issues
Briefer and less expensive than traditional core textbooks, Juvenile Justice: The Essentials provides a current, thought-provoking introduction to juvenile justice, juvenile delinquency, the challenges of reducing juvenile crime, and of providing equal and fair justice for all juvenile offenders. Offering a comprehensive yet concise overview of the fieldâ€™s most important concepts and issues, authors Richard Lawrence and Mario Hesse include cutting-edge research; practical examples of juvenile justice in action; and up-to-date coverage of laws, policies, and programs in juvenile justice. Engaging pedagogical features illustrate true-to-life cases, policies, and practices that capture student interest by vividly responding to the â€œSo what?â€ question of how delinquency theories apply in the real world.
- A unique chapter on restorative justice covers restorative practices with juvenile offenders.
- â€œCase in Pointâ€ boxes with accompanying questions include scenarios or vignettes of juvenile justice cases to encourage students to think about and discuss major issues; photos illustrate key points in the chapters.
- â€œPolicy and Practiceâ€ boxes explore the real-life implications of juvenile justice policy and address student interest in the "What works?" questions about juvenile justice.
- Chapter Highlights begin each chapter, providing a preview of forthcoming topics.
- Bulleted Summaries, Key Terms, and Discussion Questions at the end of each chapter help students master key concepts and engage in critical thought and discussion of important findings, justice policies and practices.
Author : Richard A. Lawrence
ISBN : 1412970121
Language : English
No of Pages : 336
Publication Date : 9/30/2009
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9x7.3x0.7
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: