The Sixth Edition has been meticulously updated and features extensive coverage of the impact of the recent mortgage crisis and the resulting changes and potential changes to real estate mortgage markets.
This comprehensive casebook offers:
- A thorough foundation in land transfer law and a solid doctrinal framework in contract, financing, taxation, and titles.
- Legal and historical background on the subject of land transactions that will help prepare students for practice.
- Thorough coverage of the law relevant to various kinds of land transactions, with an emphasis on the major participants in the land sale and lending markets, the role of these participants, their business concerns, and their legal rights and duties.
- Consideration of many of the more troublesome legal and policy problems in the land transaction field and alternative solutions to these problems are explored.
- Numerous judicial opinions illustrating important issues of law concerning land transactions and the major participants in land transaction markets.
- Cases that are selected to help demonstrate the variations in the design of real-world land transactions and the frequent complexity of ;these transactions.
- Materials that develop students' ability to critically evaluate legal problems and propose solutions to these problems that will best serve the parties' business objectives within the applicable legal constraints.
- Valuable appendices, including a glossary of real estate terms and sample form documents.
The Sixth Edition features:
- Extensive consideration in Chapter 2 of changes pertaining to real estate mortgage markets.
- Chapter 7, Part D (Securitization) has been significantly revised.
- Material in Chapter 7, Part E (Valuing Real Estate and Investments) has been expanded to include a brief section on the basic business and finance considerations in real estate development and investment.
- Updated tax material.
- Revisions and refinements to nearly all of the explanatory text, article excerpts, and notes.
Author : The late Curtis J. Berger
ISBN : 0735598541
Language : English
No of Pages : 1176
Edition : 6
Publication Date : 8/2/2011
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.2x7.8x1.8
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: