Listening To Music: With Introduction To Listening Cd-rom, 6th + 5-cd With Streaming Music And Premium Web Site Printed Access Card
ISBN : 1111651396
International Shipping: Add $20.
About This Edition
- Increasing the flexibility of the package, we now offer a two-CD set of core selections, a five-CD set of Western repertoire, and a separate popular/world CD. For the first time, music from the CD sets can be fully streamed on the premium website.
- For the first time, the text's companion site links to a complete online course taught by Craig Wright at Open Yale Courses, an open-access selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University. The courses include exciting, live in-class performances and demonstrations.
- More than 20 new, carefully selected pieces, as well as many fine new recordings of previous selections, have been added.
- Expanded coverage of popular music, including Broadway musicals and film and video game music, as well as new full-chapter coverage of music of the Far East, the Near East and Africa, and the Caribbean and Latin America. Recordings include more internal tracks to facilitate navigation to significant events in each piece.
- Margin references to the text website, as well as to online iTunes, Rhapsody, and YouTube playlists.
- Completely redesigned Active Listening Guides with streaming music that engage students and help make the vocabulary and performances more accessible.
- A split volume of the first 36 chapters, covering only Western (or classical) music, is available. Listening to Western Music will appeal to instructors who teach only classical music or who prefer a briefer and less expensive text that leaves world and popular music to other courses in the school curriculum.
- The main text is organized into 43 brief chapters that are introduced by eight part openers, each featuring an introduction to the historical period and an illustrated timeline of musical and historic events.
- The text is written by Craig Wright, a renowned music historian and teacher, who has been teaching music appreciation for more than 30 years. By teaching the course every year, Wright remains in touch with what today's students need to become personally engaged in the act of listening to music.
- The musical repertoire selected by Craig Wright is a definitive collection of carefully chosen recordings by world-renowned artists. The complete Western repertoire is packaged in a five-CD set; a two-CD set provides a smaller, core selection of music for listening study; a separate CD provides selections from popular and non-Western music.
- Full coverage of women as composers, performers, and patrons of music exposes students to the significant contributions of women to the music world. Female composers covered include Hildegard of Bingen, Beatriz of Dia, Barbara Strozzi, Clara Schumann, Ellen Zwilich, and Bessie Smith.
- In-text Listening Guides help students understand and enjoy extended musical compositions on the CDs. Timing points within each guide allow the listener to follow along as the piece unfolds. The Listening Exercises that follow help students to develop and improve their listening skills through a self-test.
Explore this title's supplements:
2-CD Set for Wright's Listening to Music (Sixth Edition) and Listening to Western Music (Second Edition)
5-CD Set for Wright's Listening to Music and Listening to Western Music (Sixth Edition)
Popular & Global Music CD for Wright's Listening to Music (Sixth Edition)
Listening to Western Music (with Introduction to Listening CD-ROM) (Sixth Edition)
Introduction to Listening CD for Wright's Listening to Music and Listening to Western Music (Sixth Edition)
Author : Wright
ISBN : 1111651396
Language : English
No of Pages : 477
Edition : 6 Pck Pap/
Publication Date : 6/21/2010
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 11.2x8.7x1.5
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: