Literature-based Reading Activities: Engaging Students With Literary And Informational Text (6th Edition)
ISBN : 013335881X
International Shipping: Add $20.
Literature-Based Reading Activities: Engaging Students with Literary and Informational Text is the ideal resource for pre-service and in-service teachers looking for practical help and exciting classroom activities for ensuring all students have successful interactions with literature. Brief and inexpensive, it is widely appreciated for its numerous activities, unique discussions of the theoretical and research bases supporting all of the activities, and the variety of grade levels and genres covered. The activities are useful with a wide range of texts, and the guidelines show readers how to be effective decision makers as they plan literature instruction for the culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse Kâ€“8 students in todayâ€™s classrooms.
This new edition includes:
- Updated information about sharing literature in the context of todayâ€™s classrooms.
- New activities for supporting studentsâ€™ interactions with literature.
- Numerous new examples of childrenâ€™s literature, many of them recent award winners.
- Updated discussions of research on recent studies and major reports.
- A new feature, Take Five! (or Take Ten!).
- Ideas and suggestions for using literature in the content areas.
- 11 new activities for expanding teachersâ€™ repertoires for engaging students with literature,
- Increased attention to using technology to support studentsâ€™ interactions with and responses to literature,
- More than 80 new examples of exceptional literature,
- A list of websites of recommended literature, including positive, authentic examples of literature for diverse populations.
Author : Hallie Kay Yopp
ISBN : 013335881X
Language : English
No of Pages : 176
Edition : 6
Publication Date : 5/17/2013
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.6x0.6
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: