Why groups interact as they do
Majority â€“ Minority Relations helps students develop an understanding of the principles and process that influence race and ethnic relations.
This topically organized text is designed to develop students' understanding of the principles and processes that shape the patterns of relations between racial, ethnic, and other groups in society. Organized by topic, this book provides a more integrated look at the social forces that affect different racial groups.
The Census UpdateÂ program incorporates 2010 Census data into a courseâ€“simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphsâ€“to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MySocKit.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning â€“ MySocKit delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking â€“ Encourages students to critically evaluate racial inequality and conflict.
- Engage Students â€“ Topical organization helps students delve into the sociology of inter-group relations.
- Explore Theory â€“ Integrated look at the social forces, principles, and processes that impact different racial groups.
- Support Instructors â€“ MySocKit enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note: MySocKit does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocKit, please visit: www.mysockit.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySocKit (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205172229 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205172221
Author : John E. Farley
ISBN : 0205006574
Language : English
No of Pages : 600
Edition : 6
Publication Date : 7/28/2011
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.1x8x1
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: