One of the most influential books in the field in years!
Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOPÂ® Model presents a coherent, specific, field-tested model of sheltered instruction that specifies the features of a high quality sheltered lesson that teaches content material to English language learners.
For twelve years, educators have turned to Jana EchevarrÃa, MaryEllen Vogt, and Deborah Short for an empirically validated model of sheltered instruction. In the Third Edition of this best-seller, the authors include new research findingsÂ and studies onÂ the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOPÂ®) Model, which offers school administrators, teachers, teacher candidates, coaches, university faculty, and field experience supervisors a tool for observing and quantifying a teacher's implementation of quality sheltered instruction.
Â â€œA framework that will engage, support, and increase the academic achievement of our culturally and linguistically diverse students. The [SIOP Model went] from good to great!â€
â€”Socorro Herrera, Kansas State University
â€œReadability, organization, and practicality! The SIOP addresses precisely the needs that my beginning teachers faceâ€¦the CD for SIOPâ€¦makes it all understandable. I love the book!â€
â€”Danny Brassell, California State University, Dominguez Hills
Take a Glimpse Inside the Third Edition:
- New, user-friendly format of the SIOPÂ® protocol.
- Â Background Sections include descriptions of the eight components and thirty features of the SIOPÂ® Model, and are updated to reflect recent research and best practices to help readers plan and prepare effective sheltered lessons.
- Practical Guidelines to help readers develop effective language and content objectives.
- Discussion Questions have been rewritten and are appropriate for portfolio development in pre-service and graduate classes, for professional development workshops, or for teacher reflection and application.
- A groundbreaking CD-ROM with video clips, interviews ofÂ the authors, and reproducible resources (e.g., lesson plan formats), make this the perfect professional development asset for any grade level or content area teacher!
Author : Jana J. Echevarria
ISBN : 0205518869
Language : English
No of Pages : 288
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 5/5/2007
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.4x0.8
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: