Marriages and Families, Census Update, 7e offers students a comprehensive introduction to many issues facing families in the twenty-first century.
The textâ€™s major theme, â€œChanges, Choices, and Constraints,â€ explores: contemporary changes in families and their structure, impacts on the choices available to family members, and constraints that often limit our choices. Through this approach, students are better able to understand what the research and statistics mean for themselves.Â
Marriages and Families, Census UpdateÂ balances theoretical and empirical discussions with practical examples and applications. It highlights important contemporary changes in society and the family. This text is written from a sociological perspective andÂ incorporates material from other disciplines: history, economics, social work, psychology, law, biology, medicine, family studies, women's studies, and anthropology.
The Census UpdateÂ program incorporates 2010 Census data into a courseâ€“simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphsâ€“to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MyFamilyLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning â€“MyFamilyLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking â€“ Feature questions encourage students to reflect on chapter studies and relate them to personal experience.
- Engage Students â€“ Current research relates to the studentsâ€™ own lives.
- Explore Theory â€“ Written from a sociological perspective andÂ incorporates material from other disciplines.
- Support Instructors â€“ MyFamilyLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Author : Nijole V. Benokraitis
ISBN : 0205006736
Language : English
No of Pages : 608
Edition : 7th
Publication Date : 7/21/2011
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.5x1.1
Book weight : 0.03
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: