Provide the best care possible with expert insight and clinically relevant coverage of the physiologic changes that occur throughout all major periods of the perinatal experience - prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, and neonatal. Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Physiology: A Clinical Perspective, 4th Edition gives you a solid foundation for assessment and therapeutic interventions, featuring an emphasis on the evolving interrelationships between mother, fetus, and neonate and adaptations of preterm and term infants to the extrauterine environment.
- Solid coverage of the physiologic bases for assessment and therapeutic interventions make this an ideal resource for advanced practice.
- Synthesis of the latest research studies and evidence-based practice provides vital data on normal physiologic changes during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods; anatomic and functional development of the fetus; and developmental physiology of preterm and term neonates.
- Pharmacology tables offer quick access to key pharmacology information and drug effects with clinical examples.
- Coverage of pathophysiology and interventions for the pregnant woman, fetus, and newborn for selected abnormal events provides a solid understanding of physiologic adaptations and developmental physiology relating to major body systems and metabolic processes.
- Comprehensive tables, diagrams, and illustrations highlight important concepts and summarize key information
- Thoroughly updated content offers the very latest evidence-based information, contemporary research, and clinical developments related to maternal, fetal, and neonatal physiology.
- New coverage on the late pre-term infant provides the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- Expanded discussions of reproductive processes reflect cutting-edge research and the clinical implications of physiologic and genetic effects brought to bear from both the female and the male.
- Extensive and reliable web sources allow for further study or checking for updated information.
- New NICHD standard definitions on fetal monitoring enable you to identify fetal heart rate patterns using standardized nomenclature.
Author : Susan Blackburn PhD RN C FAAN
ISBN : 1437716237
Language : English
No of Pages : 768
Edition : 4
Publication Date : 5/15/2012
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 10.9x8.8x1.3
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: