There is a difference in drug handbooks. And if you want the most reliable information presented in full color and organized alphabetically, Mosbyâ€™s Nursing Drug Reference is the only one that should be in your consideration set! With an A to Z organization, no other drug handbook helps you access reliable drug information quicker. But perhaps best of all, this full-color handbook gives you extensive drug information for over 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs - including uses, side effects, interactions, and pharmacokinetics. This reference also includes key nursing considerations to help you assess, administer, evaluate, and teach your patients, as well as instructions for giving drugs by various routes (e.g., PO, IM, IV). Written by a well-known expert in nursing pharmacology, you will ALWAYS find the latest and most trustworthy drug information in Mosbyâ€™s Nursing Drug Reference.
- Comprehensive and easy to find drug information.
- Comprehensive drug monographs contain the latest information on:
- Rx or OTC designations
- generic names
- U.S. and Canadian trade names
- functional and chemical classification
- controlled-substance schedule
- do-not-confuse drugs
- actions, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes
- available forms
- side effects
- interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test)
- nursing considerations
- treatment of overdose
- Nursing Process steps used as the framework for organizing all information.
- Alphabetical listing of drug monographs by generic drug name.
- Emphasis on safety and safe drug administration.
- Black Box Warnings alert to dangerous and/or life-threatening adverse effects.
- Safety Alert icons call out the most critical interactions and side-effects that nurses must watch for.
- IV drug information, including special considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system for easy identification.
- NEW! Four-color design highlights important information to help you quicklyÂ and easily find important information.
- NEW! Fully updated content reflects the latest drugs on the market.
- Approximately 25 monographs on newly released drugs
- Comprehensive coverage of more than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs
Author : Linda Skidmore-Roth RN MSN NP
ISBN : 032308642X
Language : English
No of Pages : 1360
Edition : 26
Publication Date : 7/10/2012
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 7.6x4.4x1.7
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: