Provide safe and effective care in any type of long-term care setting! Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants provides a complete guide to the skills you need as a nursing assistant. More than 100 key procedures are described with clear, easy-to-learn instructions. Written by noted educator and author Sheila Sorrentino, this edition adds coverage that will help you care for residents with acute or chronic medical conditions.
- Content on OBRA and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) is highlighted, emphasizing national regulations and rules Ã‘ this knowledge is required for certification.
- Clear, readable writing style makes the material easy to understand.
- More than 100 procedures include step-by-step instructions for completing skills, divided into pre-, procedure, and post-procedure sections.
- Over 800 full-color photos and drawings provide clear, visual explanations of concepts and actions.
- Companion CD helps you learn and review with 25 interactive procedures, along with learning exercises, an audio glossary, and the Body Spectrum A&P review.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes offer guidelines to enhance safe and effective care and covers reimbursement restrictions for institution-caused conditions.
- Delegation Guidelines detail what you should know before accepting specific delegated tasks.
- Quality of Life focus reminds you to show respect for theÂ resident with simple courtesies.
- Quality of Life boxes reinforce the importance of the resident's rights and well-being as mandated by OBRA.
- Teamwork and Time Management boxes provide specific guidelines to help you work most efficiently, whether independently or as part of the nursing team.
- Focus on Communication boxes help you communicate clearly to residents and avoid making them feel uncomfortable.Â
- Skills covered on the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) certification exam are marked with a special flag.
- Caring about Culture boxes help you be sensitive to the various practices of other cultures.
- Residents with Dementia boxes help you meet the special needs of residents with dementia.
- Charting examples demonstrate correct recording methods to ensure accuracy in practice.
- Spanish health care terminology in the appendix helps you communicate with Spanish-speaking residents and family members.
- StudentÂ resources on the Evolve website include skills video clips, audio glossary, useful Spanish vocabulary and phrases, skills evaluation, and checklists.
- New chapters and expanded content help you care for residents with acute and chronic conditions that previously may have required hospitalization.
- Unique! Key abbreviations are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Unique! Multi-language vocabulary list helps you communicate with patients who speak a foreign language.
- Skills video clips on the free companion Evolve website provide visual instructions for performing key procedures.
Author : Sheila A. Sorrentino
ISBN : 0323075835
Language : English
No of Pages : 816
Edition : 6th
Publication Date : 11/11/2010
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.4x1.2
Book weight : 0.04
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: