Covering the essential content and procedures a home care aide needs to know, Mosbyâ€™s Textbook for the Home Care Aide, 3rd Edition prepares you for success in this rapidly growing field. A clear approach makes the book easy to use and understand, featuring hundreds of full-color photographs and drawings along with step-by-step procedures for skills performed by home care aides. Updated and expanded in this edition are chapters on meeting the clientâ€™s nutritional needs and on getting and keeping a job. Written by home care experts Joan Birchenall and Eileen Streight, this textbook prepares you for the many types of situations you may encounter as a home care aide.
- Hundreds of full-color photos and drawings depict key ideas and clearly demonstrate procedure steps.
- Procedures provide step-by-step, easy-to-understand instructions on performing important skills and tasks.
- UNIQUE! A cast of caregivers, including a supervisor and four home care aides, are highlighted in scenarios that provide realistic examples of the types of situations you are likely to encounter in the home care environment.
- Guidelines for Observing, Recording, and Reporting (ORR) are highlighted throughout the text, emphasizing the home care aideâ€™s responsibilities for observing and documenting the clientâ€™s condition and care.
- Key considerations and reminders are presented in color font to emphasize the importance of performing these actions.
- Objectives and Key Terms in each chapter focus your attention on essential information.
- Chapter summaries and study questionsÂ review the key points in each chapter.
- Updated/Expanded Meeting the Clientâ€™s Nutritional Needs chapter includes the new MyPlate food guide and new nutrition guidelines.
- Updated/Expanded Getting a Job and Keeping It chapter reflects the job prospects and challenges of today, including the realities of moving between states and differences in certification requirements.
- Updated equipment photos are included.
- Evolve companion website includes skills competency checklists and an audio glossary.
Author : Joan M. Birchenall RN MEd
ISBN : 0323084338
Language : English
No of Pages : 536
Edition : 3
Publication Date : 10/18/2012
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 10.8x8.5x0.8
Book weight : 0.02
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: