Music For Analysis: Examples From The Common Practice Period And The Twentieth Century
ISBN : 978019537983
Availability: Only 5 Left In-stock.
Music for Analysis: Examples from the Common Practice Period and the Twentieth Century
Offering 470 pieces of music from the Baroque period to the present, Music for Analysis: Examples from the Common Practice Period and the Twentieth Century, Seventh Edition, is the most comprehensive anthology of its kind.
* Provides 363 excerpts organized logically by harmonic content and 107 complete pieces; ideal for traditional form and analysis courses as well as tonal harmony courses
* Includes an audio CD of 145 examples from the text, played on the piano, harpsichord, or organ
* Integrates ten Model Analyses showing the detail expected at each level of study and reinforcing the goal of comprehensive analysis
* Guides study both within and outside of class, offering Suggestions for Discussion and Questions for Analysis throughout
* Features a detailed Index of Composers and Their Compositions and an Index of Complete Pieces
NEW TO THE SEVENTH EDITION
* Seven new Model Analyses (four chromatic tonal excerpts and three from the twentieth century)
* Two additional complete pieces (a four-movement Beethoven sonata and the prelude to Act I of Tristan und Isolde)
* A CD icon with track numbers appearing next to the 145 musical examples that can be found on the accompanying audio CD
Specifications of Music for Analysis: Examples from the Common Practice Period and the Twentieth Century
|Author||Thomas Benjamin, Michael Horvit, Robert Nelson|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Number Of Pages||592|
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: