Explore fascinating content while building language competence and critical thinking skills. The best-selling NorthStar series (Series Editors: Frances Boyd and Carol Numrich),Â now in its Second Edition, offers two strands: a reading and writing strand and a listening and speaking strand. Both strands stimulate students' imagination, encourage critical thinking, and promote personal expression.
- New and updated high-interest topics motivate students to express their own points of view.
- Expanded vocabulary and pronunciation practice ensure greater language proficiency.
- A grammar correlation chart links NorthStar, Second Edition, to two leading grammar series: Focus on Grammar and the Azar Grammar series.
- The fully integrated approach includes a teacher's manual with achievement tests, process writing activity books, audio recordings of the main reading and listening sections, a new video program, and a Companion Website (with vocabulary worksheets, video worksheets, Internet activities, and other resources).
Listen to samples from the Audio CDs:
Unit 6: From Sadness to Strength
- Listening One: Introducing the Topic (0:42)
- Listening for Main Ideas (2:28)
- Listening Between the Lines: Excerpt 1 (0:53)
- Listening Between the Lines: Excerpt 2 (0:25)
- Listening Between the Lines: Excerpt 3 (0:31)
- Listening Two: Expanding the Topic (1:49)
- Reviewing Language: Exercise 1 (1:05)
- Reviewing Language: Exercise 3 (1:06)
Author : Polly Merdinger
ISBN : 0201619806
Language : English
No of Pages : 184
Edition : 1st
Publication Date : 7/17/2002
Format/Binding : Paperback
Book dimensions : 9.84x7.8x0.24
Book weight : 0.01
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: