An astonishing voyage reveals remarkable new and unusual life forms.
The breathtaking beauty of marine life is profusely illustrated in this outstanding book. Five years in the making, Oceanic Wilderness visits the Earth's limits to shed light on the ocean's deepest depths. From aerial views to cavernous reefs, and from mid-ocean to tropical lagoons, this book is a fascinating photographic journey to environments from around the globe, including the Caribbean, the Central, South and West Pacific, Japan, temperate and tropical Australia, Southeast Asia, the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea.
Oceanic Wilderness explores the oceans' creatures and plants through the eyes of one of the world's most prominent undersea photographers. The photographs provide a vibrant feast of form, color and motion. Colors are almost outrageously stunning -- but accurate. Some of the subjects are as small as 2 mm and have been captured with a microscopic lens. Some images show day views and night views of the same place to reveal surprising, unseen secrets. A number of subjects were unknown to science before Roger Steene captured them on film.
With more than 600 vivid color photographs and accurate descriptive text, Oceanic Wilderness demystifies the planet's darkest frontier, revealing surprising secrets and exquisite beauty. This is an ideal book for naturalists, travelers and divers -- and anyone else with a passion for marine conservation and photography.
- Features subjects never before photographed
- Explores the Caribbean Sea, the Central, South and West Pacific, Japan, temperate and tropical Australia, Southeast Asia, the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea
- Captures the stunning beauty and colors of the deep reef
- Provides views of oceanic worlds from above
- Presents life in and around tropical islands and deep reefs
- Reveals marine life in lagoons and tide pools, and among kelp and coral
- Shows microscopic organisms inhabiting a drop of saltwater
- Includes photographs of the ocean during the day and through the night.
Author : Roger Steene
ISBN : 1552979997
Language : English
No of Pages : 340
Publication Date : 9/14/2007
Format/Binding : Hardcover
Book dimensions : 12.8x11x1.5
Book weight : 0.07
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: